Sprint announces HTC EVO 4G LTE, coming in Q2 2012 for $199.99
Sprint has announced HTC EVO 4G LTE, their new phone in the HTC EVO family. It has 4.7-inch HD super LCD display and is powered by 1.5GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor. It runs on the latest Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, integrated with Sense 4.0. It has 8MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, instant capture capability and 1.3MP front-facing camera. It also has 4G LTE support, Beats Audio integration and Google wallet support with NFC.
Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD super LCD display
- 1.5GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
- 8MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash, instant capture capability and 1.3MP front-facing
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory (ROM), supports up to 32GB microSD
- 4G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 3G/4G mobile hotspot capability, supporting up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously, NFC, aGPS
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 2000mAh Lithium Ion (Li-ion) non-removable battery
They also claim that the EVO 4G LTE is the first HD voice-capable phone announced by any U.S. wireless carrier with mobile voice quality crystal clear while nearly eliminating background noise.
The HTC EVO 4G LTE will be available in the Q2 2012 for $199.99 (excludes taxes and surcharges) on contract. The pre-orders will begin Monday, May 7, at www.sprint.com.
[Update: Sprint has announced that the HTC EVO 4G LTE would be available from May 18 for $199.99 with a new line of service or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement excluding taxes]