Improve your English language skills with Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary for iPhone and iPad
Paragon Software Group and the Oxford University Press has joined hands to bring the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary for iPhone and iPad. This is the 8th edition of the Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, and this app has My View feature so that you can customize the things you want to see. This also offers full-sentence pronunciations, photos or illustrations for head words and grouped graphics for most of the words.
Features of Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 8th edition
- Get the voice for 58,000 example sentences online or download it
- My View offers option to hide IPA, example sentences, pictures, synonyms, etc. – you can tap to show the full entry again
- Head the audio for all the headwords in real British and American accents
- Use the full dictionary search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence with search History for the last 100 entries looked up.
- Integrated thesaurus, synonyms, collocations, grammar and vocabulary notes
- View the usage notes, extra example sentences, verb forms, and word origins
- Oxford 3000 Keywords show the most important words to learn.
- Create your own list of favourite words
You don’t need internet connection to use this app (required only to stream the head words audio). Download the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary application for iPhone and iPad for 19. 99 GBP (22,99 EUR, US$ 28.99) from the Apple iTunes store.