Twitter For Android Updated To Version 1.0.5
Twitter recently updated their Twitter for Android app. The new version comes with new features such as pull to refresh and swipe to reveal, which is already present in the iPhone version. You can download the latest version of Twitter for Android from Android Market on devices with Android 2.1 and higher. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Tweet details page: We changed the layout of the timeline and introduced a Tweet details page, which you can access by simply clicking on a Tweet. This feature – which is already available in Twitter for iPhone, Twitter for iPad and Twitter for Windows Phone – makes it easier to click on links and reply to, retweet, or favorite a Tweet.
- Speed: The app is now even faster. In this version, we’ve tried a new way of drawing a timeline of Tweets that optimizes for scrolling speed. Try it out, and you’ll see how much faster and smoother the timeline loads and scrolls.
- Polish: We added some more nice touches to the application as well.
- Pull to Refresh: This popular feature, which was first available through our iPhone app, functions just as it sounds – when you’re at the top of your timeline, simply pull down to load new Tweets.
- Swipe to Reveal: Swipe across a Tweet to get quick access to several options, such as viewing a user’s profile, sharing a tweet, or replying.
- Quote a Tweet: Clicking the retweet icon now gives you the option to quote a Tweet. Of course, you can still retweet as you normally would.