Toshiba TG01 Another iPhone killer
Known so far for their incredible and reliable gadgets, Toshiba entered the mobile phone market with a bang yesterday with the Toshiba TG01.
The largest screen possible 4.1-inches with a WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) resolution and a slim 9.9mm body makes this one of the better picks amongst mobiles of this category, G1, iPhone or BlackBerry Storm.
This doll runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon platform using a Windows Mobile 6.1 OS and has a customized 3D UI.
Powered by a 1GHz mobile CPU, the GSM handset is quite well equipped.
Features at a glance:
• Internal GPS with A-GPS
• Bluetooth 2.0
• EDGE/GPRS and 3G with HSDPA support
• 512MB internal memory with up to 32GB for external via MicroSD cards
• 3.2 megapixel camera
• Support for DivX video playback
• Internet Explorer Mobile 6 with full support for Flash and a virtual track pad for web navigation
• Shake control for specific features as well as an accelerometer for screen rotation
Available in two colours from Summer of ’09.
No word on the pricing yet.
We hope that like the other top companies releasing their handsets in India almost simultaneously as Europe or US, Toshiba will do the same; although during this time of recession, pricing will be a very critical factor for purchase in India. What are your thoughts?