FREE National and Local SMS on Virgin Mobile
Virgin Mobile recently introduced a revolutionary youth focused proposition by making SMS the new voice of the youth by ushering in genuine freedom of sending SMSs by making it FREE without any extra pack or upfront commitment.
Virgin Mobile customers will now be able to send 100 National as well as 100 Local; a total of 200 SMSs free daily after just paying for the first 3 SMSs on each leg (National and Local respectively) to any network.
- Offers revolutionary free SMS proposition without any pack
- Customers just need to pay for first 3 SMSs daily and thereafter 100 SMSs are free
- First 3 Local SMSs charged at Re. 1/- each
- First 3 National SMSs charged at Rs. 1.50/- each
- Post which 200 SMSs are free; 100 Local and 100 National SMSs free daily
- SMSs can be sent to any number across all networks in the country
Talking about the launch of the new SMS offer, M. A. Madhusudan, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Mobile, India said, “Our research shows that youth have a high propensity to consume mobile services and are looking for solutions that give them the flexibility to use mobile services as per their need. Youth around the country send 6 times as many SMSs and have a constant desire to connect & share with their large network of friends, peer group and family. They use SMS as an important device to lead a life of their choice; zoning people in and out from their world as and when they want to and also use it as their Secret Messaging Service (SMS). But, due to voice text pricing parity, sending SMSs are expensive and better deals are usually available only with packs or upfront commitment. However, now with our new free SMS proposition we believe that youth will take up to this medium in a big way and it will become the new voice of the youth. .
Since its launch in India, Virgin Mobile has taken a number of initiatives to offer customized and relevant offerings for its youth audience to meet their style, budget and aspirational quotient.
- ‘Get Paid for Incoming’* – An industry defining tariff offer which credits customers with 10 paise for every minute of incoming call they receive
*Not applicable for calls received from Tata numbers
- ‘New 50 paise STD local’ – The first of its kind, this offer made geography history and made making STD calls as easy as Local. Virgin Mobile customers can make STD and Local calls @50paise/min without any extra charges or a pack.STD: After the first 3 Minutes of each day at Rs.1.5/- per minute, customers can enjoy outgoing calls through the day at just 50 Paise per minute for up to 30 Minutes daily. Beyond this, the initial rate is applicable. LOCAL – After the first 3 Minutes of the day at Re.1/- per minute, customers can enjoy outgoing calls for rest of the day at just 50 Paise per minute
In addition, Virgin Mobile offers innovative bolt on (schemes) such as ‘Thank God its Weekend’ that let youth enjoy 100 free local SMSs and all local mobile calls at 30 paise between Friday and Sunday on payment of just Rs. 18.
Via: Press Release