Microsoft just launched the fifth generation Surface Pro 2-in-1 in India. The successor of the Surface Pro 4 that was launched in the country back in 2016 has the same 12.3-inch (2160×1440 pixels) display with 267 PPI, 8-megapixel camera at the back and a 5-megapixel camera at the front, but this is powered by latest seventh-generation Kaby Lake processors and offer improved the battery life
The new Surface Pro promises up to 13.5 hours of battery life, which the company says is 50% more than Surface Pro 4 and 35% more battery life than Apple’s iPad Pro. It also promises 2.5 times more computing performance than the Surface Pro 3 and 1.7 times the compute of iPad Pro.
Its hinge has a full 165-degree range of motion, which is Studio Mode, an angle inspired by the Surface Studio, useful for writing, sketching, and drawing. It is also the lightest Surface Pro ever, starting at just 768g and is just 8.5mm thin. There is also a new Surface Pen with 4,096 pressure points and new inking capabilities in Office apps, and new Signature Type Cover with 1.3 mm of key travel for faster and more accurate typing.
Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 specifications
- 12.3-inch (2736 x 1824 pixels) 3:2 PixelSense 10 point multi-touch display
- 7th Gen Intel Core m3 with HD Graphics 615, i5 with HD Graphics 620, or i7 with Iris Plus Graphics 640
- 4GB, 8GB, or 16GB RAM, 128GB, 256GB or 512GB SSD hard drive
- 8.0MP autofocus rear camera with 1080p video recording
- 5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1, Full-size USB 3.0, microSD card reader, Mini DisplayPort, Cover port, Surface Connect
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- 1.6W Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium, Stereo microphones
- Dimensions: 292 x 201 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 768g (m3) / 770g (i3) / 784g (i5)
- Up to 13.5 hours of video playback
The new Microsoft Surface Pro models will be available for retail purchase in India in online Microsoft stores (Amazon and Flipkart) as well as Croma, Reliance, Vijay Sales, and other authorized retailers in India starting today. It will be available through more than 130 commercial resellers.
Pricing (MRP inclusive of GST)
- Surface Pro with Intel Core m3, Intel HD Graphics 615, 4GB RAM, 128 GB SSD – Rs. 64,999
- Surface Pro with Intel Core i5 with Intel HD Graphics 620, 4GB RAM, 128 GB SSD – Rs. 79,999
- Surface Pro with Intel Core i5, Intel HD Graphics 620, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD – Rs. 106,999
- Surface Pro with Intel Core i7, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD – Rs. 133,999
- Surface Pro with Intel Core i7, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD – Rs. 182,999
- Surface Pro Type Cover (Available in Black) – Rs. 10,999
- Surface Pro Signature Type Cover (Available in Platinum) – Rs. 12,999
- Surface Pen (Available in Silver and Charcoal) – Rs. 7,999
- Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse (Available in Light Gray) – Rs. 6,399
Commenting on the launch, Vineet Durani, Director – Windows and Devices, Microsoft India, said:
We are delighted to announce the launch of Surface Pro in India and offer our consumers another superior device that will enable them create, study, work and play virtually anywhere. We continue to push boundaries to better serve the needs of our customers who are seeking greater mobility and power in their devices to stay productive. The new Surface Pro delivers the versatility of a laptop and a creative studio in one thin, lightweight device.