Microsoft today launched Xbox One X, its latest and its most powerful gaming console in India. It was introduced back in June at the E3 2017 conference and has 4K HDR gaming and streaming capabilities, built-in 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X offering 3D spatial sound.
“With 6 Teraflops, 326GB/s of Memory Bandwidth and advanced, custom silicon, the Scorpio Engine is the world’s most powerful console gaming processor,” said Microsoft at the launch.
More than 80 new and existing games are enhanced for Xbox One X to take advantage of its full power, including Forza Motorsport 7, Super Lucky’s Tale, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Assassin’s Creed Origins, Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4, Halo 5: Guardians, Minecraft, FIFA 18, Final Fantasy XV, Star Wars Battlefront II and PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
All existing Xbox One games, including Xbox Play Anywhere titles, Backward Compatible Xbox 360 games and accessories, will be compatible with Xbox One X. Those games will load faster and look and play better, on Xbox One X, said the company.
Highlights and specifications of Xbox One X
- 8-core Custom AMD CPU clocked at 2.3GHz for enhanced AI, real world detail, and smoother interactions in games
- 12GB GDDR5 graphic memory for the best performance
- 6 Teraflop GPU offers more detail and smoother animations when playing games in 4K
- 8GB Flash Memory, 1TB HDD Internal Storage
- 326 GB/sec memory bandwidth offers faster and detailed game graphics
- 40% increase in power, but it is the smallest console from Microsoft.
- Uses advanced liquid cooling and the supercharger-style centrifugal fan to ensure it stays cool.
- Uses the hovis method, a cutting edge digital power delivery system that custom tunes each console’s voltage to maximize performance and minimize power consumption
- 4K UHD Blu-ray Optical Disc Drive
- HDMI 2.0b (out), 2160p @ 60Hz, AMD FreeSync
- HDR10 Support
- Audio: DTS 5.1, DOLBY Digital 5.1, TrueHD with Atmos, PCM 2.0, 5.1, 7.1
- Bluetooth Enabled (Activation button on front), WiFi (Dual band) with Wi-Fi Direct, IR Blaster, 3 x USB 3.0 Ports, IR Out, S/PDIF, Ethernet Port
The Xbox One X is priced at Rs. 44,990 and will be available from Microsoft India store, Amazon.in and Flipkart. It will also be available from Landmark and Croma retail stores and over 100 gaming specialty stores in India.
Commenting on the launch, Priyadarshi Mohapatra – Country General Manager, Consumer & Devices Sales, Microsoft India, said:
We are delighted to offer gamers the world’s most powerful console with access to the largest and most diverse games lineup in Xbox history, including Forza Motorsport 7, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Cuphead and Super Lucky’s Tale, out of more than 1,300 titles and more than 220 exclusives available on the Xbox One X, just a few short months after the device’s global launch. We’ve listened to our community and are excited to be bringing this new console to Indian gamers.