Huawei unveiled the Watch 2 series that includes Huawei Watch 2, Watch 2 Classic and Watch 2 4G at at MWC 2017 earlier this year. Today the company has launched it in India. The Watch 2 features a sportier’ look with rubber bands and there is also a 4G version of it that comes with cellular connectivity that allows users to make and receive phone calls using SIM card.
It has stainless steel back, heart rate sensor along with charging contacts on back. The Watch 2 Classic has sports a stainless steel bezel and leather straps, giving it a more stylish look. Both the smartwatches offer real-time heart rate zone information, including dynamic heart rate monitoring and zone indicators.
Huawei Watch 2 specifications
- 1.2-inch (390×390) circular AMOLED display with 328 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100
- 768MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Android Wear 2.0, supports Android 4.3+, iOS 8.2+
- Sensors: 3-axis A + G sensor, 3-axis Gyroscope, 3-axis Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer, Heart Rate Sensor (PPG)
- Microphone, Speaker
- Water and Dust resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 45x48x12.6mm
- 4G LTE with voice calling (4G version), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, NFC
- 420mAh battery, Fast charging
The Huawei Watch 2, Huawei Watch 2 Classic and Huawei Watch 2 4G come with Black bands, are priced at Rs. 20,999, Rs. 25,999 and Rs. 29,999, respectively. The Huawei Watch 2 is exclusive to Amazon.in which is available for as low as Rs. 19,999, but the other two models will also be available in offline retail stores across India, in addition to Amazon.
Commenting on the launch, P Sanjeev, Vice- President, Sales, Huawei Consumer Business Group, said;
The art of wearing a watch is tradition that can only transform with the passage of time. The functionality of watches has grown leaps and bounds, and thus we see growing interest in market for time pieces that do much more than just tell time. We at Huawei believe in addressing consumer queries with our consumer centric innovation. The Huawei Watch 2 provides users more connectivity options, Android Wear 2.0 encased in stunning new looks. With customer and market insights, the newly launched WATCH 2 is focused on creating a standalone experience for consumers owing to its smart connected technology. Truly next generation in every aspect.