Reliance Jio unveiled JioPhone, the company’s first VoLTE feature phone last month. It will start pre-bookings for the phone from 5:30PM today. At the launch it revealed some of the specifications such as 2.4-inch QVGA screen,microSD slot, torch light, FM Radio, support for 22 major Indian languages and voice commands to call someone, reject a call, browse internet, open apps and more. It already confirmed NFC support, and said that tap-and-pay payments through UPI, credit and debit cards will be enabled through software update.
Today on its official website, it has posted detailed specifications of the phone, which reveals that it will come with Wi-Fi support, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and pack a 2000mAh battery. Some units will be powered by Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform and other will use Spreadtrum SP9820A, as confirmed by both the companies. It doesn’t mention support for WiFi hotspot. It has MyJio, JioTV, JioCinema, JioChat, JioMusic and JioXpressNews apps.
- 2.4-inch (320 x 240 pixels) QVGA display
- 1.2 GHz Dual-core Spreadtrum SP9820A processor Mali-400 GPU / 1.1GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform (MSM8905) with Adreno 304 GPU
- 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- KAI OS
- Single nano SIM
- 2MP rear camera
- 0.3MP (VGA) front camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM, Torch light
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, NFC, USB 2.0
- 2000mAh battery with up to 12 hours talk time and 15 days standby
It will offer JioMediaCable that connects JioPhone with any TV. “Along with this accessory, users can opt for the existing Jio Dhan Dhan Dhan 309 pack that would allow users to watch almost 3-4 hours of videos daily, of their choice, on a large screen,” said the company at the launch.
JioPhone also comes with Dhan Dhana Dhan Rs. 153 per month plan that offers unlimited voice and data. There are Rs. 54, a week and Rs. 24 two-day sachet packs for those who can’t go for monthly packs.
It comes in Black color and is effectively free with Rs. 1500 security deposit.