Ericsson, Qualcomm, and NETGEAR has launched world’s first commercial Gigabit LTE Network in Australia on Telstra’s network, which has extended its download speed leadership to Gigabit speeds to 1Gbps whilst doubling upload peak speed to about 150Mbps.
Telstra previewed Gigabit connectivity in Australia at an event with technology partners Qualcomm, Netgear and Ericsson. This was demoed on Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router (MR1100) Gigabit device powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 LTE modem that allows 4-way receive diversity to support improved data throughput throughout all areas of the LTE network including both the Gigabit enabled areas and as well as the other remaining LTE network areas.
Highlights of Nighthawk M1 router
- Superfast mobile broadband internet — up to 1Gbps download/150Mbps upload
- 4G LTE Advanced Category 16 with 4-band Carrier Aggregation
- Ethernet port and 2 USB ports (Type A and C) for media streaming from microSD, USB or external hard drive to all connected devices
- Wi-Fi/Ethernet offloading capabilities so your device connections move from the car (LTE) to your hotel’s internet
- Always-on connection shareable with up to 20 Wi-Fi devices on-the-go
- Parental controls filter and scheduled access to online content
- 802.11ac and Dual-Band 2.4GHz/5GHz dual concurrent Wi-Fi for increased network performance and reduced interference
- Simple, intuitive NETGEAR mobile app user experience to monitor data usage, manage device and network settings from an iOS or Android™ smartphone or tablet
- Powerful, long-lasting battery for up to 24 hours of continuous use
- Improved JumpBoost feature to charge smartphones and small portable USB devices
- Two TS-9 connectors available for optional 4G/3G antennas
- NETGEAR Limited Warranty and free 90-day technical support
- Telstra mobile network-ready device
The Nighthawk M1 router (MR1100) will be available late February, 2017 in Australia from Telstra in store and online at the recommended retail price (RRP) of AU$360 (US$ 272 / Rs. 18460 approx.) upfront or contract with a range of plans.