We saw the Samsung Beam, the first Android phone with built in DLP Pico Projector at MWC a few months ago. Samsung has announced the first country to receive the Samsung Beam is Singapore. The Samsung Beam will be available in Singapore via StarHub starting July 17. Samsung Beam is a very good phone, which comes with very good features. StarHub will showcase the device on July 10, so you can go over there and check out the device. Watch all the features of Samsung Beam after the break.
- 3.7” WVGA Super AMOLED Display.
- Runs on Android 2.1.
- 8MP AutoFocus Camera with Flash and a Front VGA Camera.
- A DLP Pico Projector.
- FM Radio with RDS, 3.5mm Headset Jack and 3D Sound Effect(Dual SpeakerSpeaker)
- Supports Bluetooth v2.1, USB 2.0 High Speed, A-GPSA-GPS, Wi-FiWi-Fi(b/g/n)
- Specialized Projector UI, Hybrid Widgets, IM, Email.
- DLNA, Samsung Kies, Push Service(SNS, IM, Email).
- Atleast 2GB Internal Memory with external MicroSD slot of upto 32GB.
- Supports HSDPA 7.2Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps UMTS (900/1900/2100), EDGE / GPRS (850/900/1800/1900).
- Supports H.264, H.263, MPEG4, Divx/Xvid, VC-1, 720p@30fps(de/encoding) Video Formats.
- Supports MP3, OGG, AAC, AAC+, eAACeAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WBAMR-WB, WMA, WAV, MID, AC3AC3 Audio Formats.
- Talktime of upto 470 Min (3G Mode) – 870 Mins (2G Mode) with Standby Time of upto 530 hrs(3G mode) – 630hrs(2G Mode)
Video of the Galaxy Beam from Singapore
Watch our video of the Samsung Beam from MWC
The phone is going for free on select plans, but if you want the phone without any plan, then you can get it for SG$398.
[ via Samsung Hub]