BlackBerry Bold 9000 unveiled
The latest in line from RIM, the BlackBerry Bold, previously known as the 9000 is gunning for the deep pockets of business professionals and power users, promising “unprecedented functionality and performance”.
Mike Lazaridis, president and co-CEO, Research In Motion: “The new BlackBerry Bold represents a tremendous step forward in business-grade smartphones and lives up to its name with incredible speed, power and functionality, all wrapped in a beautiful and confident design.”
Specs & features at a glance:
• 4.5 x 2.6 x 0.55-inches, 4.7 ounces
• Tri-band HSDPA
• Bluetooth 2.0
• Integrated GPS with geotagging
• Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g)
• Multimedia capabilities
• 624MHz mobile processor
• 128MB Flash memory
• 1GB on-board storage memory
• microSD/SDHC memory card slot
• VGA (480 x 320 resolution) colour LCD
• QWERTY keyboard
• 2 megapixel camera (with video recording)
• Built-in flash and 5x digital zoom
• Email, messaging and organiser features
• Removable 1500mAhr battery
No word on the pricing or actual release date yet!
Fonearena’s take: Why do all RIM phones look like clones? Isn’t it time they became a bit more creative with the design? What do you think?