Should you buy the iPhone – you tell us
As the day draws near, when two leading mobile phone operators in India, Airtel and Vodafone launch the iPhone, here is a low down on the negative aspects of the handset…that we read in an In-Flight magazine of a leading Indian airline.
1. Earphones: The iPhone sports “bland” looking regular earphones that are neither classy not stylish. The sound quality is good but the design is very cheap.
2. Technology: Apart from the touch screen, the handset does not use much technology. Depending on the model released may be missing features such as Java, FM Radio, Bluetooth, GPS, or the ability to forward messages, send business cards etc.
3. Applications: Third party applications must be installed via iTunes App Store and this means that this handset is not really the normal “smart phone”.
4. Touch screen: The touch screen on the iPhone is known to be cumbersome to use due to the scratch guard.
5. Customisation: The themes on the iPhone cannot be changed. So no wallpapers, themes or cover panels etc. Even the ring tones are not changeable!
Now this is what we’ve read. Tell us what you feel!