Remember we told you about the Knocking Live Photo sharing app for iPhone which lets you beam photos to your friends iPhone or iPod touch. The Knocking Live app was first rejected on the Apple App store but then Steve Jobs personally OKed the app and it has been creating a lot of buzz since then.
Now at CTIA the company unveiled Cross-platform live video sharing with Knocking Live Video. You can share videos from a iPhone to an Android phone and like wise
The Android version of the app is currently in beta and the app makes video streaming possible over 3G networks. From what we see the app is free to download on both the Apple App Store and Android market
Watch the video below for live streaming from a iPhone to a Nexus One . Isn’t it cool ?
Official Release below
Android and iPhone Finally See i to Eye: With Live Video Sharing Thanks to Knocking Live Video
The only 3G phone-to-phone streaming video app can now broadcast live from Android to iPhone and vice-versa
Danbury, CT and Las Vegas, NV — March 24, 2009 — The Android and iPhone are playing nice. Pointy Heads Software, creators of the only phone-to-phone video-streaming app supported by 3G, today launched an entire platform redesign, along with an Android version of Knocking Live Video in beta at CTIA. Not only is the new version of Knocking Live Video the only phone to phone video-streaming app for 3G networks, it also works online and across platforms as a fully-fledged social network.
What’s New in 1.2/Android:
• Cross-platform live video – Knocking can now broadcast live video between Android and iPhone smartphones.
• New website – www.knockinglive.com has been completely redesigned for better access to other users and content.
• Online user profiles – Knocking Live now features online profiles to better find friends for sharing moments
• Online forums – User forums to share questions, answers and experiences with other Knocking users
• Enhanced server capabilities – Knocking’s server capacity has been enhanced to provide faster load times and peer-to-peer connections
• New graphics – For iPhone, in-session graphics now mirror an typical iPhone phone call
Thanks to Knocking Live Video, Apple, Google, Verizon and AT&T at video-sharing peace. Meanwhile, the existing Knocking Live Video for iPhone has been upgraded to version 1.2, including new features, online user profiles, and server upgrades.
The Android version of Knocking launches as the app enjoys global popularity on the iPhone platform following an unlikely approval process involving Steve Jobs. The app is downloaded approximately 13,000 times daily and has consistently ranked in the top 10 of free social networking apps since peaking at #3 within two days of launch in December, 2009.
“We’ve had enormous success as the only phone-to-phone 3G video app on the iPhone. Knocking just keeps on growing,” said Jim Montalto co-founder of Pointy Heads Software. “We’re excited to debut on Android, and to let Android users interact with iPhone users in ways they haven’t ever been able to before.”
Knocking Live Video for iPhone is available for download in the Apple App Store and the Android Marketplace.