Nokia Releases Ovi Player 2.1
Ovi Team has released the Nokia Ovi Player 2.1. The changelog of the new player is as below:
Nokia Ovi Player 2.1 Changelog:
- We have re-worked music downloads functionality to make it more reliable. You can now pause and restart downloads from the Nokia and Ovi Music stores. Ovi Player will automatically retry any failed downloads and will also preserve uncompleted downloads on application restart.
- With the latest Nokia Ovi Player you now can automatically import your music library from iTunes and all the manual playlists that you created in iTunes (however, iTunes DRM files and smart playlists will not be imported).
- We have also provided a new ‘Play’ control above column headers in detailed view. Simply click this button and all the containing tracks will be added to the Player Queue and played sequentially.
- There are new tooltips for tracks in the Playlists and Player Queue. These tooltips are visible when hovering over a track and will show you Artist, Album and Artwork for the track.
- We’ve made it easier to select the Music Store for your region (note that you will need a credit card for that region to purchase any tracks) and change the Proxy settings. Just hit F4 key and all this pops up in the Options dialogue window.
- The new version is more robust and memory efficient when compared to the previous version.
- Finally, we have also made it possible to hide the start-up screen, so you can carry on using other applications without being interfered by the Nokia Ovi Player.
However unlike other releases, this is an optional update and you can update to the latest version by clicking on ‘Check for updates…’ from the Help menu in Ovi Player.
If you havent installed Ovi Player yet, you can download it from here.